What is bigbighouse?
Everywhere we go, we begin in the place of worship, prayer and intercession and then do what we see God doing in that place. We partner and collaborate with others who are also doing His works. We seek justice, especially for those oppressed through sex trafficking. In the long term, we see them coming home to inter-generational family communities, even whole neighborhoods, cities and regions devoted to being safe places for their healing and restoration. We're partnering for heaven's kingdom on earth.
What are we doing now?
Worship, prayer and intercession...
- We have been observing regular rhythms of worship, prayer and intercession since 2006.
- We have helped lead and support other houses of prayer in our area since 2011.
Inter-generational family community...
- We helped start and lead an inter-generational family community from 2012 - 2017 that served over thirty 20-somethings in the course of five years. We learned a lot about what it takes to make safe places of healing for wounded people... mostly huge amounts of honest communication, lots of open humility and a deep well of love!
- We ran a one year internship from 2012 - 2013 designed to prepare 20-somethings to take an active role against sex trafficking.
- Since 2017 we have helped lead a missional church plant in the northern part of our city that is focused on building kingdom community.
Restorative justice for those destroyed by sex trafficking...
- We founded a local outreach in 2016 called Every Daughter where groups of volunteer women from several churches around our area meet regularly to pray, and to contact and offer assistance to women who are sexually exploited & trafficked in our community.
- In 2018, we are inviting men to join a coalition called Abolition Wisconsin. We will meet for prayer about the destructive demand for paid sex. We are asking God how we can respond directly to demand via outreach to online buyers of sex.